영어게 취약한놈인지라

요놈들이 무슨 주제를 가지고 논의 하는지 모르겠네요

외국 사이트에서 가져온글 그대로 복사하니, 대충 번역이라도 가능하신분 좀 도와주세요

대충 짚어서 얻은 느낌은, 한국에서 망한 게임을 외국 사람들이 다시 오픈하려는거 같더군요

그래서 볼려고 하는겁니다

제목

[MMO] Ferentus- Eownage, Inc. hiring

내용

If there's already a team out there, we are willing to cooperate. You help us with our project we will commit to helping you in your project...
Team name:
The name of your team or company, though be careful to abide by the faq and not mislead anybody into thinking it's a registered company if this is not true. This section is optional.

Ferentus

Brief description:
Ferentus was a very popular MMORPG; however, the American version had licensing issues with the original Korean makeers. Currently, there are no versions of this game out, but there is still a HUGE fan base that is yearning for the return of this game. Our goal is to grant the fans their wish by creating a game relatively similar to Ferentus. Proof of this HUGE fan base can be seen at our forums-- www.eownage.com/forums---

So you could choose where you start, and it would be like world PvP. Also the "door of dimension" seems like it could lead to MORE map. Overall then, increasing the cap, and new skils would be needed.

[I]The Races:[/I]

Human-

Barbarian- Warrior, Knight, Paladin, Archer

High Elf- Archer, Cleric, Wizard, Summoner

Wood Elf- Warrior, Archer, Wizard, Summoner

Dwarf-

Gnome-
[B]
DESCRIPTION[/B]

The most noticeable characteristic of our game is the PvP system occurring in multi fields that are different from normal fields. It exists in each main area, mostly, near main cities. Players can evaluate the strength of themselves through competition against each other and/or monsters, within the battle area.

Party vs. Party zone, Zone 1 This is the map for party versus party play with specially designed boss class monster. There are 2 different kinds, one is for players with level 20 or below, and the other is opened for everyone. This is not a fixed, but a mirroring field.

Guild vs. Guild zone, Zone 2 This map is designed for guild versus guild battle, and the winning guild can possess for certain period and hunt down boss class monsters in order to acquire precious items. To get more experience point and better items, guilds will be engaged in blood spitting battle every day.

Free Kill zone, Zone 3, Everyone that you see is now your enemy, or can be your colleague. This is land of no one, only fierce battles will endlessly begin after and after to get to boss monster and its possession.

Battle against monsters, against monster legion will begin. The name of 'Hero' will be granted to the one that defeats all the monsters, and he will lead himself to the altar of honor.

Mercenary System - Forever friends till your life ends With its own A.I. more powerful than ever, our MMORPG presents you unique mercenary system. Players can either activate this feature enjoying how A.I. of the mercenary works, or go manually for more delicate control. In order to hire a mercenary, a player must set up a party. This is a very nice way to draw users who are not familiar with party system into party play and get them used to it naturally.

User Interface - Powerful interface, better than WOW~ our mmorpg supports 3 different views. It presents first person view - same as FPS game, third person back view, and third person free view. Those functions make users can see any object from virtually every possible angle, very free indeed. Users also can choose to control with both hands, left hand with keyboard and right for mouse. Users can choose very easily the size, shape, and location of chatting windows and filter whatever information showing through those windows.

Some our plans....

252 class skills and other - consists of class skills, continuous and co-operative skills
99 monsters with variations - from cute little ones to gigantic boss class monsters
301 kinds of items - almost infinite variations of magical options (with unique design)
Craft Items - 301 different kinds of new items to be updated

The main characteristic of our mmorpg's craft system is about either creating an item, or enchanting magical abilities to existing item, or creating and/or adjusting items into rare/unique class items. The system supports putting additional abilities onto existing items with magical power, and even 'edit' such abilities.
[B]
A Noticeable game[/B]

We are thinking about using the blade3d engine, but we are open to suggestions.

The items in our MMORPG world are to be very carefully studied and re-designed in order to describe the real medieval atmosphere, and they also possess almost infinite number of magical and status options. There are some limitations on items, especially armors and costumes, by gender and class. This also helps the game to be more realistic.

Target aim:
We aim to produce a MMORPG somewhat similar to Ferentus. This game will remain free for the first couple months of operation excluding BETA testing. After there will be two different versions of the game, free and paid-- free accounts will be limited, and paid accounts can exercise all their rights.

Compensation:
We can offer contracted payment; however, this all depends on our financial standing.

Technology:
The game system will be using is either blade3d or torque, C++/C#, graphics artists/libraries, audio kits/libraries,

Talent needed:
Artists, Programmers, Networking, writers

www.eownage.com
www.eownage.com/forums

Contacts:
sdavids@eownage.com

Previous Work by Team:
We created a working version of this game using a improvised method we did not go over well during our testing session.

Additional Info:
PLEASE feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at at my email address.

[Edited by - techdude on September 9, 2008 5:16:04 PM]

달린 댓글

User Rating: 1000   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Please use the proper posting template found here Link

Also what makes you mmo different from others, because it seems to me (my opinion) it follows this fantasy mmo trend?

User Rating: 936   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Why do I have to search for you on Google?

User Rating: 1291   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Are you actually a registered company (Incorporation)? If not, you really should remove the "Inc" from your "company" name as it's misrepresenting yourselves. Also, what experience/previous projects have you worked on? What projects have you completed?

User Rating: 1093   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Ok, im just confused about what your trying to get from here(the help forum). This is mainly from not following the template...
Who do you want?
Other then providing us with information on the game, you dont give us positions, tell what you want us to do, or what you and the other person do(not that you dont do anything, the game looks incredibly good, dont get me wronge, but im left with the questions, what do you need me to do, and why should i work for you?).
I also, shouldn't have to work to figure out what your game is about(as in the story or the website location). You are advertising it to us. I am not "downing" your game, bcause i always do my research and your game is everywere; 1,280 results from google and around 100+ on youtube.
This ,i hope, is helpful feedback,
thank you for reading,

RB~!

User Rating: 976   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

I hope that helps! Email me/POst if you have more questions!

User Rating: 1000   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Thanks for the extra info. I still would like to clear up a few things:

1)On your website is this image:

Is this a shot from your game, or from Ferentus? What's the current state of development on Eownage?

2)You post this image as "proof of work" on your forums:

What is a screenshot of a folder with some files supposed to mean? Also you talk about "encrypted files" etc. Are you trying to hack/decompile Ferentus?

3)You base your whole site and project around "Ferentus returns". Do you have any legal link to Ferentus? I'd be worried that you might be risking legal action otherwise

4)What's your current funding situation, how's that expected to change in the next 6 months? You say you have an office and employees?

[Edited by - d000hg on September 10, 2008 2:05:48 AM]

User Rating: 1291   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Moved to this thread so the OP doesn't cross post or violate the HW forum's rules and guidelines.

Quote:
Original post by techdude

In response to d0000hg

We have made an attempt to recreate ferentus. This was done successfully only to help understand the inner workings and help us create our own version of this game. The game we will release will be similar to ferentus. currently, we are trying to secure an investor. for the time being, we are using the remaining company funds.

techdude- there is no need to cross post when your older post is still open for responses and additions made by you. If your post expires, then simply ask a mod to reopen it for you so you can add more info. We'll be happy to. Or in that case you could also choose to start a fresh thread.

-Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

User Rating: 1702   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

I am interested in this project. Is there a way I can contact you?

AIM:MSN:Cell?

User Rating: 994   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Sorry.

Berry, you contact me via email at sdavids@eownage.com

What kind of writer do you need? I may be interested if this is indeed for pay.

User Rating: 982   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

"Some our plans....

252 class skills and other - consists of class skills, continuous and co-operative skills
99 monsters with variations - from cute little ones to gigantic boss class monsters
301 kinds of items - almost infinite variations of magical options (with unique design)
Craft Items - 301 different kinds of new items to be updated"

I'm curious, with all these skills, monsters, and items, what is you're time-line for completion. These are a lot of assets and would require a significant amount of time, money (if you're actually paying people?), and an army of people working on them.

User Rating: 1093   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

We have plenty time to work on this project. In other words, time is not an issue. Some of our workers are Freelance workers. They have all signed for contracted payment as all the funds are currently being used for production of the project.

We are working on forming this army you speak of, so it would be great if we could recruit some more people.

But what kind of payment are you doing? Pay by hour, by contribution, or what? And how much?

Also, again, what kind of writers are you looking for (what for, and what payment is in store for writers)

User Rating: 982   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Most of our employees are not receiving payment; however, they have signed contracts stating that they own X number of stock options and will receive payment upon release of the game.

We are looking for any kind of writer, someone who can write a GDD or a quest writer etc).

still looking....

I sent you a brief Inquiry via email, and I will follow it up with a resume in a few days. I am looking forward to speaking with you.

[Edited by - shigee on November 30, 2008 10:21:00 PM]

User Rating: 990   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

Hey guys,

As always we are still looking for people that are looking to boost their resumes! Sihigee what was your email address as I am having trouble putting your username to the email you sent.

Regards,

Sam

Hey there, I'm looking to do some writing work. I have previous experience with various MMOs from a short fling with a medieval game to two MMOs with +5 months of commitment to each.

I'm not looking for anything more than my name on the project, I write for fun and experience.

Respond here or a PM, thank you.

My email is shigee_1357@hotmail.com I was curious as to why I got no reply at all, but good to know someone checks the forums at least, feel free to contact me via msn/yahoo at that address also if it is preferable, or PM me on these forums.

User Rating: 990   |  Rate This User  Send Private MessageView Profile Report this Post to a Moderator | Link

All times are ET (US)

Comment '8'
  • ?
    개구리상사쿠루루입니다 2009.03.04 09:00
    게임소개글 같은데 무슨게임일까
  • ?
    히무라켄신 2009.03.04 09:30
    헤르콧
  • ?
    향기 2009.03.04 21:12
    난 .. 영어 잘하는데 ..

윽!! 갑자기 배가 ;;

화장실감..
  • ?
    활성화 2009.03.04 22:02
    헤르콧 맞네요...

재밌게 했었는데..
  • ?
    레인가드 2009.03.05 14:38
    헤르콧.시오니스 완전재미있게했었는데..
  • ?
    레베리카 2009.03.05 15:25
    대충 헤르콧을 하고싶어하는 양키들의 모임 아닌가. ㅡ
  • ?
    방학특강 2009.03.06 23:47
    뭐 한국에서 만들었던 게임중에 아 슈밤 졸라재밌는 게임이 있었는데 (이게 ferentus?)
    그게 이제 없다. 하지만 아직 그 게임의 팬들은 많다.

그래서 우리는 최대한 그 게임과 비슷한 게임을 만들고싶을 뿐이고, 협력을 하고싶을 뿐이고!

그리고 뭐 종족설명같은 게임의 세계관, 시스템 설명이 나오고, 필요한 인재 같은것도 써놓은거같은데

아뭐그런거같애요 제생각엔 히히

아 그래서 결론은, 제목에서도 보이듯이 구인광고네여
  • ?
    태희♡ 2009.03.07 00:50
    고로 게임은 망했다

포인트 안내 - 글 작성: 0 / 댓글 작성: 4

List of Articles
번호 카테고리 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
25134 그외질문 힙합노래 추천해주세요~ 5 1 낭만동산군 12.04 1601
25133 고민상담 힘듭니다. 1 1 갱생 04.26 1851
25132 그외질문 힘들어요.. 8 크리스티앙 03.22 1545